Monday 7 April 2014

Darling Downs Gamers' Club April 40K Meet

Action from the weekend at the Local Gaming Establishment (Battlestation Toowoomba).

We had a large turnout of 11 players across a broad selection of army types. The day consisted of an 1850pt tournament over 3 games. The final result was 1st place: Paris (with Chaos Marines), 2nd place: Joe and 3rd place: Stacey (with Tyranids).

During the day I faced Dark Eldar first up. I was served up a large beast pack and lots of Star Wars looking barge thingies, which resulted in a handy loss. Secondly I played Orks. After a first turn of dismal shooting where I couldn’t hit the side of a barn, I ended up blowing up at least 5 Trukks and a Battle Wagon over the next 3 turns for the win. And lastly I faced Paris’s Chaos Marines. Unfortunately It came down to his lone warlord in my back field on 1 wound after the terminators he deep struck in with where eliminated by plasma from my blob. And the end result? His warlord survived to clear off my 4 point objective ending in a loss by my Guard by 1 point. Well played Paris, well Played.
 















By the way check out the new club website Here and the new Forum Here

That’s all until next month, where I get to take the new Guard for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment