Wednesday 2 April 2014

ANZAC Cup – The Big Push…




In a couple of weeks I’m heading off to the Gallipoli Barracks at Enoggera, Brisbane to attend the annual ANZAC Cup run my WW40K on behalf of the ADFWGA. This charity event, in support of Soldier On, has a strong focus on the hobby aspect of the game whilst encouraging competitive players to attend. This year they are running three systems; Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K and Flames of war. I’ll be attending the 40K event with my soon to be obsolete Imperial Guard army. For more information check them out here.

The 40K event is a 1450pt affair with 5 games played over the two days. Whilst there is not comp aspect mentioned all lists are vetted and approved prior to the event, so effectively weeding out the ‘over performers’. Strong emphasis has been placed on the presentation and sportsmanship with 25% of the day’s points coming from these respectively and the remaining 50% coming from battle. I’m currently frantic with painting as I have 6 vehicles & an Aegis that I’m adding some pizazz to and 4 dudes-men that need a complete paint jobs, a few sleepless night for me!

So down to my list, It’s pretty much that same as I’ve always taken as I’m holding out for the new Codex before getting too adventurous with lists prior to the end of year tournament session.

List:

HQ:
Lord Commissar
Company Command Squad + Veteran Weapons Team (lascannon)

TROOPS:
Platoon Command Squad + Heavy Weapons Team (missile launcher)
Infantry Squad + Sergeant + plasma gun + Heavy Weapons Team (autocannon)
Infantry Squad + Sergeant + plasma gun + Heavy Weapons Team (autocannon)
Infantry Squad + Sergeant + plasma gun + Heavy Weapons Team (autocannon)
Veteran Squad + 3× plasma gun + Veteran Weapons Team (lascannon)
Chimera
Veteran Squad + 3× meltagun + Veteran Weapons Team (lascannon)
Chimera

FAST ATTACK
1 Hellhound Squadron
Devil Dog + multi-melta

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Leman Russ Squadron Tanks
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank
1 Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Executioner

FORTIFICATIONS
Aegis Defence Lines

So this is a very stationary shooty list with a few glaring issues; firstly there is no anti air so I really hope flyers are at a minimum; secondly I’m going to be a sitting duck if any apposing force can move faster than a guardsmen; and lastly if my tanks get taken out I’m going to have a bad time! So I’m hoping for the obligatory mid field results at the end of the day. Stay tuned for the results in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment