Monday 7 April 2014

Have rumours clouded my judgement?... Codex: Astra Militarum pre-release thoughts.





The coming weekend see my beloved Imperial Guard get a new Codex, and new name. Codex: Astra Militarum! First off I feelings of displeasure towards the name (I dislike saying that I hate’ anything) and from here on in I will refer to Imperial Guard as, you guessed it, Imperial Guard just how the Emperor intended!

Over the last few weeks I have been glancing over the rumours surrounding the upcoming release of their new codex. And frankly they have annoyed me. Actually all rumours annoy me. The need to speculate about things you have no control over strikes me as an exercise in pointlessness. I rarely buy into what people are ‘guessing’ about what’s coming up. But the issue I’m finding with these rumours is that they are hitting a little close to home.

Penal Guard 10 Man Resin Squad
from Victoria Miniatures
I find myself almost believing them and getting riled up at GW for ‘ruining’ my army. The latest effort was this one from Bell of Lost Souls. Apparently GW has removed a large selection of rules pertaining to models I was intending on acquiring, namely the Penal Legion Squad amongst others. Ever since I stumbled upon the Victoria Lamb Miniatures rendering of the Penal Legion I was dying to grab a set to run in my ‘fluffy’ lists that I’m known to build. Now every sinew of my anatomy is screaming out in angst for the impending doom of the poor down trodden Penal Legion, but with great resolve I’m pulling my self away from the precipice of ‘GW hate’ until these fears are confirmed on the weekend.

Never before has the bitter taste of bile threatened to extinguish the flames of enthusiasm I have nurtured for this hobby. Rumours be damned I’m still looking forward to the new Imperial Guard whatever form they appear in. If GW pulls a swifty and releases Codex: Penal Legion, I may in due course vent a little on that one.

Let me know what your feelings are on how the Imperial Guard are shaping up. I need to know if there is anything encouraging out there on the interwebs for Imperial Guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment